Sunday, April 25, 2021

Why a blog about wargaming World War 3 in Europe

World War 3 in Europe... The war that never was... most fortunately, but a theme that never ceased to fascinate me. Why ? Probably because it was the most fantastic collection of military equipment of all time, positioned in a titanic face-to-face which luckily never resulted in a war. Probably also because I have always been fascinated by the Soviet army (or at least the image it wanted to give of itself) and its equipment. This equipment, particularly the mechanical one, in its diversity, its endless versions, its rustic and efficient side, raw and sophisticated at the same time, is for me an endless source of discovery and pleasure.

Over time I accumulated photos, films, documentaries, boardgames, visited many museums and places related to this period, collected small pieces of equipment (I would have acquired more substantial one, with tracks for example, but my life as a couple was at stake ...), and especially gathered a lot of books on the subject in a lot of languages.

Of course, as an enthusiastic wargamer, I also wanted to approach this period through my hobby. After a first attempt at 28mm and 1:48 scale ten years ago, I definitely opted for 20mm and 1:72 scale about 5 years ago. The reason for this was both a much wider range of material available for this period and the ability to represent larger engagements in a smaller space.

Since that moment, I have always wanted to devote a Blog specifically to my achievements within the framework of this project in order to complete the photo site of our modest wargamers club (Chemins de feu Club). But just as the latter has remained underfed in recent years, time, definitely our worst enemy, has failed me so far to set up this project ...

So I start it, hoping to have the opportunity to feed it regularly and that you will like what you see here. May it be a source of inspiration for other projects, as have been for me, among others, the blogs Cold War Gamer of Andy and Cold War Hot Hot Hot of Richard.

Cheers,

Christian

No comments:

Post a Comment