Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Z (13) UR-77 Meteorit (Russia)

A new year and my first achievement: the UR-77 Meteorit 3D print from YK 3D Home modelling & visualization. Almost finished in 2022, I only missed a few hours to see it appear in my list of last year.

The UR-77 Meteorit is a Soviet mine clearing vehicle based on the 2S1 Gvozdika chassis. It is armed with a launcher and two mine-clearing charges. When launched, a charge causes a shock wave that destroys mines along an area of 90 metres long and 6 metres wide. The vehicle has also been used extensively in urban combat, first in Chechnya, then in Syria and now in Ukraine where its destructive power in close combat is highly appreciated.

As always, the YK3D print is very nice and the result as successful as I wanted 😎















I also decided, inspired by the photo below, to add some additional "moral comfort" protections.































No comments:

Post a Comment